TelliTip 16: Get free stats with web analytics tools in GraffitiCMS
I moved this post up after a comment on Tellitip 15 reminded me that if you are using the free version of Graffiti you don’t get stats built in. You still have an option, however, to use any number of stat tracking utilities on the web. Graffiti allows you to insert tracking scripts into the header of every page from the control panel with these steps:
- Sign up for a free analytics service such as google analytics.
- Copy the Tracking Code from the service into your clipboard.
- Log into your site’s control panel as an admin
- Click the site options tab
- Click the settings panel
6. Scroll down to the “Web Analytics” form and paste the tracking code there.
7. Click update settings
At this point it usually takes a couple of hours for the metrics to start showing up in the analytics tool, but you’ll be getting some great data.