Community Server 2008 Launched!
- Enterprise reporting and analytics to help dissect, analyze, and trend user and community behavior.
- For developers, Community Server 2008 includes a complete Web Services (REST) API for easily integrating and extending the platform.
- Widgets for easily sharing data between applications. (Includes widget support for Google and more).
- Facebook-like rich user profiles, a “friending” system, & social streams to keep tabs on your community.
- Groups that enable larger community sites to create smaller public or private “niche” communities. Like having “mini-community servers” hosted in your larger community.
I’ve had very limited involvement, but have had the opportunity to be a “fly on the walll” as the product team closed out this release. I was very impressed with the attention to detail and effort that went into creating this product and am looking forward to being able to help more directly on future releases.
Oh yeah, my new job… the first product focused Program Manager at Telligent. I guess that makes me “Director of Program Management”. I officially started earlier this month and have been working to define the role while planning the next few big releases from Telligent. They have some awesome devs to have gone this long without our discipline.