What if you could triple your income, work less, & travel to spend more time with your family? It’s possible.
Triple KickoffLabs monthly recurring revenue. Over the last year we grew MRR by 73%. Our work in 2013 went into building a product that’s now ready to handle a much wider set of use cases and greatly increase the lifetime value of a customer. Follow us in 2014 to see exactly how.
Expand our international work-life integration adventure to two months. In 2013 we spent exactly one month living and working in Ireland. It was extremely rewarding. That month even ended up being one of the best for business in 2013. We’re going to take what we learned and expand this adventure to two months in 2014.
Read 12 books. I feel like I replaced a lot of crap TV in 2013 with crappy social media. Did staring at my TV get replaced by staring at my phone? I’m sure I’m not alone in that feeling. The quality of media you consume has an enormous impact on the quality work you produce.
So far so good. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite and I’m 27% of the way through the Steve Jobs biography. The best Kindle feature… not having Twitter and Facebook apps.
Write and publish a book. My goal to write more in 2013 just wasn’t inspiring enough. Having a huge target… a published book that generates revenue… is extremely exiting and motivating. There’s an english major in our family so you’d think this would have already happened. Guess I’m going to have to pick up the slack here. 🙂
Continue to simplify. Last years challenge still applies with some bullets.
- End 2014 with less “stuff” than we started with. Continue selling and donating things we don’t wear or use regularly.
- Simplify my garden. The last couple of years I’ve converted our front yard into a vegetable/fruit garden. Last year we weren’t around to enjoy the late harvest anyway. Just berries & quick growing cherry tomatoes this year.
- Digitally I’d like to reduce the amount of photos in our library by at least 50% by removing the crap.
- I’m looking at you 2014 Christmas lights. 🙂 Gabe and I are going to design what we want on an iPad and have professionals install them because “I’m worried daddy is going to fall off the ladder and I can’t catch him.” – Said Gabe.
- Leverage a meal planning and preparation service. I love cooking… but only so many times in a week.
- Get a pool guy until Gabe is old enough to clean the hot tub. Make sure he isn’t too attractive.
If you wondered how I did on 2013 goals you can read this. What are your goals for 2014?